Monday 12 January 2009

Gus Van Sant's Le Marais

I discovered this film about Paris - Paris, je t'aime - on the Sofia Film Festival a year or two ago. I just caught up with it without any expectations, but I kind of loved this little piece of film. The film is compiled of short films, each one of which takes place in Paris. And Gus Van Sant's is my absolute favorite.

Gus Van Sant's film is a love story, though a very unusual one. It's about connection on a certain level, which includes a sexual desire, but is so much about emotional connection as well. OK, have it happened to you that you just know that somebody is the right for you, that you could connect with this person (somehow) and that if you pass by the opportunity, you'll regret it? Just take a look at the film!


4 comments:

  1. Excellant! It doesn't make sence until the very end, but I can see why you like it. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see why I like it? explain! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this film too. Stumbled upon your blog because of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this little gem. It never fails to cast it's spell on me. I've been boring friends for years about La Marais (fyi, It's a Gay district of Paris which was reclaimed from marsh land, thus, Marais). Gr8 to know someone else loves it as much as I do.

    I think I'll watch it a few times tonight!!

    ReplyDelete